Based in the company head office in Monmouth, South Wales, with travel to the 6 local fabricators when required.
Negotiable dependent on experience.
Company pension scheme, annual performance related bonus.
Siltbuster Ltd is a specialist water treatment company providing rapidly deployable solutions to the Construction, Food and Wastewater Industries. Our services are used by the largest civil engineering contractors in the UK as well as a number of household brands producing anything from crisps to beans to whisky. In the past three years the Company has undergone rapid expansion into new markets and is therefore looking to take on more staff.
Mechanical orientated design engineer to undertake design development from concept to completion, focused on water treatment products and industrial engineering infrastructure. Able to take design lead and support team members with a practical engineering design outlook.
Technical and Commercial:
- Competent in undertaking structural calculations for loadings & detailing for sheet metal and weldments. Along with developing the design of the product, complete with ancillary process components such as pumps, mixers, gearboxes.
- Competent in wastewater treatment processes & products and the specification of components.
- Responsible for all design detailing and calculations and providing guidance to junior team members.
- Ensuring production of complete fabrication drawing packs (by others) and full assembly drawings for workshop BoMs.
- Work closely with sales teams & production teams for timely provision of information inline with the responsive needs of the business for specific design or product information needs.
- Focused on all technical design issues associated with the products and their development through refinement or R&D.
- Establish & implement effective digital QA control for production and product library purposes.
- Work closely with business unit leads to identify product development needs and opportunities to grow the business from a strong technical base.
- Preferable degree engineering qualification.