Siltbuster to Launch pHD Unit at UK Concrete Show 2014
Siltbuster, the UK’s leading water treatment specialist, is launching the Siltbuster pHD at the UK Concrete Show.
Since the release of the Environment Agency’s regulatory position statement on concrete washwater contractors have had to take care when disposing of wastewater generated during concreting works.
The new, compact and versatile unit has been developed specifically to solve this problem. Smaller than our other units making much cheaper to move from site to site, and with consumable costs that are almost 80% lower than competitor products, the Siltbuster pHD is ideal for keeping both small and large construction sites compliant.
The unit can be used with either existing concrete washout skips or in conjunction with our new range of concrete washwater handling equipment (including concrete crane skip stands, low level concrete pump trays and our concrete aggregate reclaimer) providing accurate and automated pH correction.
The Siltbuster pHD uses Siltbuster’s unique, compact, rapidly deployable carbon dioxide pH adjustment system that works by bubbling micro fine bubbles of CO2 gas through the concrete washwater which dissolve and in turn reduce the pH.
This process has a number of benefits over alternative options as it:
* Avoids the health and safety risks associated with handling acids
* Eliminates the manual risk of under / over adjusting the pH by using a bespoke Digital pH controller
* Unlike mineral acid does not increase the chloride or sulphate concentrations and unlike citric acid does not increase the Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
* Uses commercially available cylinders of carbon dioxide, which can simply be returned to the supplier at the end of the job without the hassle and cost of disposing of residual mineral/ citric acid as hazardous waste
* Is up to 80% cheaper than mineral or citric/fruit acid (the alternative neutralising agents)
* Can include a data logger enabling sites to keep and accurate record
* Incorporates a 12V battery which enables the pH correction stage to be completed over night without the need for a generator.
All of this capability is contained within a single skid. This means it can be transported via pallet distribution networking, radically reducing the high costs typically associated with mobilising water treatment plants.
“Every construction firm, no matter how small the site or tight the budget, can now access Siltbuster’s award-winning treatment capability.”Back